The ride number 2013 has come to its end, and I don’t know how about you, but I want my 2014 one to be as healthy as possible, because if you are healthy, all the rest you need is just few steps away. To attract more health into our lives in this year, it would be great and symbolic to prepare something tasty and healthy, so our bellies get used to it and they will always remind us of the importance of healthy cooking for the next 364 days. My Healthy New Year 2014 recipe is the Leek&Chickpea Cream Soup. Enjoy!
What do we need?
1 cup of cooked chickpeas or 1 can of chickpeas (fresh chickpeas cooked by you are much better than a can!)
1 clove of garlic
250 ml of cream
slice of bacon
How to prepare?
1. If you have fresh chickpeas, let them soak in water for one night
2. The next morning, cook the chickpeas in water until they’re soft. Sometimes it may take even more than 2 hours
3. Cut onion and garlic into tiny cubes and sauté them on the pan
5. Add cooked chickpeas and sauté all the ingredients for some 3-5 minutes.
6. When cooked, leave some water from chickpeas at the bottom of the pan and mix everything with electric hand mixer
7. Add cream, salt and black pepper
8. Serve with a slice of bacon on the top
9. Enjoy this yummy “belly warmer”
I hope this greenish liquid miracle will be a great kick-start to all those great and healthy moments that are waiting for you in 2014.
Have a Healthy New Year, Dear Bloggers!!
Recipe: Michaela Králiková